Mandarin Question

gubber

Hi everyone, I've got a small problem with my Mandarin. It seem that their is something trying to burrow out of its side. It's at the tail end and it looks like it growing. Does anyone know if its some kind of parasite? I dont have a pic of it but I'll try to get one soon.

gubber

I'm trying but it's hard to get him where I want so that we can tell what it is. Wouldn't you know it, a camera shy Mandarin

renogaw

are you talking about where it is a tad lighter green? if so, i'm wondering if it got crushed by a rock or grabbed by a crab, and maybe a bone is broken? thats the first things that came to mind, i don't have any other ideas until something burrows out of it unfortunately :(
also, i'm assuming these pics aren't from 2005 :p

gubber

Correct about the 2005 HaHa. I was just glad to get them on their. I didn't know how to work the camera
It's not a crab, I don't have any in there now and I haven't moved any rocks so it's not that. He does like to jump sometimes so maybe a broken bone
I'm leaning to something growing in there. It's a little bigger today and it kind of looks like it's about to open up or pop or something. Sorry their not clear pics but that's all I could get for now.
Do you think a cleaner shrimp would help at this point? Maybe to help pull it out and take care of it.

gubber

The tank is 1/2 year old and pods is not the problem right now. The Mandarin is eating frozen blood worms and frozen mysis. I'm working on a refugium for him but at the moment I'm worried about what growing on him. I won't have to worry about him if this thing kills him.
As you can see on the pic's he's not skin and bone.