Mandarin

jacknjill

I am very annoyed today because i went to the lfs and do you know how many mandarins they had in one tank? 7!!!!!! and that is not what is bothering me, its that they had NO live rock at all. all they had in there was crushed coral and what looked like pebbles that you can find on the street! now i know that they just have them in there temporarily, but how long do you think they will survive?

lovethesea

he should have at least kept just a few together. I am sure he had enough tanks to separate. Hopefully they watch to make sure they are eating.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by JacknJill
yeah next time i go ill ask him about their eating habits but i didnt have time to last time.

Don't bother... You will only get frustrated and vow never to go back there... until you need something, then you'll go back and swear not to look at the fishes but curiosity will win and you will again, leave frustrated. You may go back in and try to educate the staff, but they will put up their brick wall of excuses, lies, and downright idiodicy and you will be even more frustrated.
Sorry, little personal venting there...

badkharma

They'll be fine for a few weeks unless they get into a fatal fight. Unfortunately, it's one of the more difficult fish to keep, but also very common and easily "harvested". I think they might have even been successfully bred....someone correct me if I'm wrong. :notsure: