Mandarin

heatman

Hi.
I have just bought a lovely blue Mandarin & I just wanted to find out a few good tips on how to keep it healthy?
Thanks for any help:)

mr llimpid

Have a 100gal mature tank with sump full of pods and no other fish competing for pods. Or buy a ORA mandy that eats frozen foods.

jay0705

Hikari s pellets. Nutramar prawn roe. 2 foods besides pods my dragonets eat and did eat w in 2 days. Mine still hunt pods but when I feed my other fish ,those 2 foods are gobbled up by them aswell

meowzer

What size tank do you have, and how old is it?

I have had 2 mandarins over the years, I have a large tank with MANY pods, BUT mine also ate the frozen foods I fed

mysis would be a good choice, and they are small

mr llimpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/396501/mandarin#post_3532904
What size tank do you have, and how old is it?

I have had 2 mandarins over the years, I have a large tank with MANY pods, BUT mine also ate the frozen foods I fed

mysis would be a good choice, and they are small
Hi Meowzer,
How is your new tank doing? Have you tried feeding them Cyclops?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr LLimpid http:///t/396501/mandarin#post_3532911
Hi Meowzer,
How is your new tank doing? Have you tried feeding them Cyclops?
HI...The new tank is good.....I don't have a mandarin in here yet...I had ordered one a while back but it came dead :(

Maybe in the future I may get one

heatman

Hi guys!
Thank you for you help.
My Tank is a 60 litre tank. I have had it running as a salt water tank now for about 4 years.
The Mandarin is in the tank on his own sharing it with a orange spotted snail.
I bought my Blue Mandarin from
PETS AT HOME where I saw it eat frozen food.
It was brine shrimp.

mr llimpid

15 gal tank is small for a mandy, he will deplete pods in about a day or two. Good thing he is eating frozen he will need more than brine, also provide mysis shrimp and cyclops plus the other foods mentioned above. The more verity in his diet the healthier he will be.

jay0705

Its not cheap but u can buy bottles of live pods as well. New life spectrum makes an excellent pellet u could try as well. My Mandy will eat pellets too. Mr L is correct tho as w most sw fish variety is best.

heatman

I have only had my Mandarin in the tank for4 days. I was wondering is it a good idea to ad some tank mates after a week or two?
Fish or invertebrets. I dont mind either.
If yes! Which ones & when ?

jay0705

They don't bother anything fish or invert. I'd wait at least a few wks tho. Make sure it's eating frozen b4 u add competion for food