Mandrin and ......

saltlord

What would be a good (hearty , nice , ect.) fish to go with my mandrin dragonete. Its a twenty gallon long with corals and live rock.
water quality is not an issue as my water is near perfect.

b_ball12_99

Whoah!!! How much live rock you have??? What have you seen your mandarin eat??? That tank is small for one I believe or should have no other fish with it. Did you fully research them on this bb? Lot of info about them.

b_ball12_99

Glad you got it eating brine because most won't eat it. If you add something else then make sure it isn't a competitor for food with the mandarin.

playtime

I had a clownfish in with mine when I had my 20gal and they did fine together. I am sure you can add gobby's or firefish or blenny's. You might be able to add 2 bangii cardinals. I wouldn't add more than 1 or 2 fish depending on the size. And, without a doubt, keep a close eye on your water and make sure he is eating. you will need to observe them eating to be sure. They don't have a very long life in captivity. I wish you luck though, they are gorgeous.
Playtime

pufferlover

I would go with a pair of firefish (purples If you can find them). They will do well with a Mandarin. Make sure they have some rocks or a barnacle to live in as they are shy and need a place to go to when startled.