mangrove

S

siptang

I had them in group of five in my sump and they do work.
They help balance everything in tank naturally however you have to watch out for falling leaves as they tend to put back everything that they sucked in. If you were thinking about putting it in sump, have you considered clerpas? (did I spell that right? probably not
)

spanko

This is good, something worth noting here is that just because you have a plant of algae in the system to export nutrient from the system, it really isn't exported until the plant algae is removed or at least pruned harvested. If any part of the plant algae deteriorates in the water then it is returning a good portion of the nutrient back to the water.This is why you need to thin out, or harvest, macro algae periodically to remove the nutrient and give space back to allow it to grow again.
With the mangroves it is really just making sure no leaves fall into the water to rot of the plant trunk itself begins to rot. Not so much harvesting you can do with a tree really unless you prune it back once in a while to let it regrow I guess. Don't really know if that is something you would do with a mangrove like you would prune a rosebush or something of that sort.
I am rambling sorry.