Mantis In My Tank

sw65galma

just take the rock out and put it in a bucket with some regular saltwater...
Toss some food in there...as soon as you see him come out...yank the rock...

philgmiami

Yaaaaaaaaaaa ,i Caught It!!! With A Pair Of Tweezers. You Should Of Heard The Noise Of Him Snap'n At The Tweezers.. Ting Ting

sw65galma

ohhh tha's a pretty one..it looks liek it's got some color to it?
Any better pics? and would you ship it in a thermos if i payed for it?

philgmiami

Originally Posted by sw65galma
ohhh tha's a pretty one..it looks liek it's got some color to it?
Any better pics? and would you ship it in a thermos if i payed for it?
YEA SURE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT? :notsure:

fishieness

a lot of people like mantis shrimp and will put them in a species only tank. I personly think they are awsome, but if my 30 gallon tank was empty, i would rather have a small angler or a dwarf octopus in there than a mantis shrimp. Different strokes for different folks i guess.
they are realy cool looking though.
mantis click right?

philgmiami

hes now out of my 55g reef.... i put him in my 10g i just set up.i just have 20p ls and 5pounds lr, with one blue demsal..heres some pics of the 10g with actinic.. im going to make the 10g a sea horse only tank... would 2 clowns and 2 sea horses go ok in a 10g? . im not sure if i want a couple of just a seahorse tank or 2 clowns with an anemone host :thinking:

K

kimc

Is it true you should keep Mantis in acrylic instead of glass??

speg

If you dont want the mantis lemme know.. i'd like to have one. I already plan on getting one from someone else on these forums.

fishieness

if you keep seahorses keep them alone or with other extreamly slow and docile fish. seahorses are very slow and cannot get to food quickly. A clownfish will eat all of their food before the seahorses even get to it. Plus 4 fish in a 10 gallon is a lot. Also if you go with the seahorses, dont get an anenome. Seahorses need to anchor themselves to a plant or coral with their tails. If they anchor themselves to the anenome, they will get stung and possibly even eaten.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by exile415
phil , i thoguht you had a 125g
i dont even wanna tell you what happened with the 125 after 4 days,,all i can say is i came home from work and it was half empty or should i say half full :mad: .. the shop vac helped out alot

philgmiami

Originally Posted by exile415
phil , i thoguht you had a 125g
ooo, i still have my main tank 55g. its a good thing i held on to it and didnt sell it, i had to rush everything from the 125 back into the 55, had alot of extra ls left, i gave it to my brother

fishieness

holy crap....... i would be so dead if that happened..... i already let some DI water running and minory flooded downstairs......

sw65galma

Originally Posted by fishieness
..... i already let some DI water running and minory flooded downstairs......
After doing that 80 times, you'd think i'd remember i left it running...
nope...my floor drying fan, just stays running i spill so much water..
Phil,
Lemme know when you want to get rid of it. I'll take it.
U got any more pics of it??

searadier

For a seahorse about the only thing they are good with is certain gobys like mandrain and yellow wacthman gobies