Mantis Shrimp that arn't mean?????

P

pirate_bob

I just recently recieved my three inch peacock mantis shrimp... he loves to eat frozen shrimp and silversides.... it's been about a week since i got him.. two days ago i through in a pink damsel for him... now there friends.. they both sleep in the mantis's cave he has dug himselve.. will the damsel ever get it or could I have a mantis who will not terrorize anything???

grouperhead

O. Scyllarus is a smasher (even though I think they have both raptoral [sp] appendages.) He probably won't go after the damsel. Try an emerald crab, hermit crab, peppermint shrimp, etc. and it should smash it to bits. HTH. Bo

P

pirate_bob

so now I have a species specific tank with a pink damsel in it!!! LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
do you think it's safe then if I have to do cleanings I can put my hands in since he's a smasher??
also anyone looking for a pink damsel ---- he's free if you can pick him up other than that you just have to pay for shipping!!!
I have no reason to put him in my reef tank!

grouperhead

I wouldn't put my hands close to him as he can still inflict a good bit of damage with his

[hr]
or clubs. Bo

jace18

My peacock killes anything i put in the tank. Fish included. But i still put my had in ther to clean. I just use a pice of plexy to keep him at bay.
Jace

darth tang

I was thinking of getting one of these recently. Either setting up a tank for one or is it possible to place onme in a refugium? Will they eat the pods and microfauna that is the purpose of a refugium. Has anyone tried this?