Mantis Shrimp - 'Video Clip'

jonthefb

yeah it is very creepy. i agree that if it was in my room, id wake up in the middle of the night and freak out!
good luck
jon

blondenaso1

I might of missed the point, but that video with the rubiks cube was edited that way right??? OR really didn't do it? It looks like they edited it that way.

timsedwards

Geez they sound so scary....why couldnt I stay with Goldfish!!
How can they break glass then? And how do they get into your tank? Can they do any harm to humans?
Tim :eek:

aggie05

They strike with the force of a small caliber bullet, so thats how they can break glass. They get into your tank by hitchicking on liverock. They can survive for long periods of time with less than good conditions. And yes, they can harm humans. Divers and fisherman have dubbed them "thumbsplitters" because if you happen to accidently come across one it could easily slice your finger open. With that said, I think they are pretty cool, and if they weren't so reclusive I would think about having one.

info_sponge

larger ones CAN hurt humans.
I posted something about them a LONG time ago and it was about some guy who went diving... he saw one that was about 6 inches long, tried to grab it, and it tore up his hand pretty bad if I remember correctly. The guy lost his thumb. Try a search for my name and see if you can find the article about it.