Mantis Shrimp

ccartag

yup this place is it for rare things that no,one seems to put in there tanks i have one and up to this day it has not killed anything must of been stick fed......

polarpooch

SWF has one now. But they don't have them often, so hurry up and order it if you want it.
You know it needs it's own tank, right?!
Just making sure:)

ccartag

i have to disagree with that as the one i have from my observation has not and will not kill i tried to give it live food and it refused it seems to opt for frozen krill and silversides but thats my mantis and i can't speak for others i got mine at swf.com as a replacment for the first that i bought from them as fedex cooked my first here is a pic

polarpooch

ccartag,
If yours isn't prone to eating live food, lucky you! I still wouldn't trust him with fish of any kind.
Mine would devastate anything I threw in his tank, inlcuding large crayfish, snails, whatever.
How big is the one you got from SWF? He's nice and green. Looks really good:)

ccartag

i think he is 4-5 inchs and have it with my imporator and archilies and some small wrasse's an some hermits but its a large enugh tank180r.r

bullshark

I saw today a 6 inch mantis, same as pictured above for $50.
Nice. I would like to setup a small tank just for it.

cyslyde

my LFS had one about 5" al green... it must be a smasher, looks very simular to yours. she said she'd sell it for $2 since it was eating $2 snails ;) they got it for free from someone that didn't want it anymore. if i thought i knew the first thing about shipping it to you I would. it was cool to see it go after a snail though