Marco Rubio -What did you think of his rebuttal?

stdreb27

this is beyond laughable. I mean seriously. You run a guy that is a self made man in the private sector, and he's a tax cheating, killer, felon, dog hating homophobe.
Put a guy up there who's spend most of his professional career in government, and he's a teet sucking bum.
What is the appropriate career path to becoming a politician? Other than launching political campaign's in terrorist's homes in chicago?

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/394616/marco-rubio-what-did-you-think-of-his-rebuttal#post_3512385
Serving in government positions isn't exactly welfare. LOL Your argument is so off the chart, its not debatable. No one would say that being a Senator is the same as being on welfare, except you.
Personally I like Rubio.....But yes those in WASHINGTON are on welfare....And we fund it everyday we go to work....Be honest Beth...The men and women deserve what their collecting each month.....They can't and haven't gotten the job done. How many of us could go to work day in and day out and put fort such a pathetic effort these folks do and still have a job.......

beth

Administrator
Staff member
They are working within a form of government where hundreds of people with very opposing ideologies, have to come together and make critical decisions. The very nature of our form of government makes decision making a hurdle. Also, if the majority makes a decision, then the people represented by the minority will feel cheated, unhappy, and disillusioned. Media has also crippled our government because each member of Congress knows that no matter what is done, they personally will be criticized and torn apart and disrespected by some segment of the media as well as the populace who listen to media.
Welfare is a subsidy given to a single parent with dependent children where that parent is not working, has no money, is not receiving child support. It is also given to disabled and elderly who are unable to work and who have little or no SS benefits. Members of Congress do not meet that criteria.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/394616/marco-rubio-what-did-you-think-of-his-rebuttal/20#post_3513075
They are working within a form of government where hundreds of people with very opposing ideologies, have to come together and make critical decisions. The very nature of our form of government makes decision making a hurdle. Also, if the majority makes a decision, then the people represented by the minority will feel cheated, unhappy, and disillusioned. Media has also crippled our government because each member of Congress knows that no matter what is done, they personally will be criticized and torn apart and disrespected by some segment of the media as well as the populace who listen to media.
Welfare is a subsidy given to a single parent with dependent children where that parent is not working, has no money, is not receiving child support. It is also given to disabled and elderly who are unable to work and who have little or no SS benefits. Members of Congress do not meet that criteria.
Depends how you look at it....Realistically are they earning their keep....NO.....So I see it as no different then welfare....Were just "giving" money to them to do nothing......

reefraff

They way I look at it is if you earn your keep it aint welfare. By that standard there are plenty of welfare queens in congress and throughout the government but I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Nancy pelosi, as speaker used to make the military shuffle her back and forth to California and rented a California office that rent was 18K A MONTH! The next highest rent was like 6K at the time. On the other hand you have members who will set up a cot in their congressional office so they can sleep there to save on expenses.