marine beta questions

lnarobbins

hello again guys and gals,
I've been gone for a while and WOW lots of new stuff
It looks great
anyway, I just picked up a marine beta and was wondering what they eat, temperment and stuff like that you know the stuff I should have looked into before I bought him
I do know better but, my little girl made me do it.
thanks
Lt. Robbins

aw2

They'll max out around 7" and eat meaty foods. They're also a shy fish and need quite a bit of rock work, to hang out in.
Temperment wise, they're mainly a semi-aggressive species. Not really the kind to bully any other fish, but shouldnt be kept with highly aggressive species.

boalgf

I feed my marine beta solid pieces of frozen shrimp, squid, and crab. I just put the food at the end of a skewer and guide the end toward him. I've tried silversides, but it didn't take to them. Live ghost shrimp work well and it's fun to see the beta go after it. These fish are very passive to other fish they can't eat, beautiful, and extremely hardy. good choice.

blue oasis

We have had our Marine Beta for about 3 weeks now and we love him, he is a little shy so you do not see him that often and have to look for him just to make sure he is still alive.
We go to the LFS once a week and buy Ghost Shrimp for him, but he seems to like the frozen myse shrimp.
So far our Pepperment & Cleaner shrimp are all living well within the community, and we went out last week and bought a baby Snow Flake Eel, now he is really cool and we love to watch him.
We maintain our water between 78 - 80 and our SG betwen 1.023 - 1.025 and all the residence seem to be happy.
N & G

hrdkndy

I just love my Betta! I have had mine for 6 months now and he is by far my favorite fish. His colors are beautiful and hes not too shy. He has been through some of my rookie mistakes and always comes out with flying colors. Did I mention his color? IMO Bettas have the most beautiful color patterns. He gets along with all of his tank mates: crabs, snails, ect. I tryed to feed him fresh shrimp before, but he turned his nose up to it. LOL He mainly eats Formula 1 & Mysis Shrimp. Loves his rock work and privacy. But always comes out to make a grand apperance. I think the Marine Betta is a wonderful addition to any tank! Good luck and enjoy!

mimzy

wow. a whole thread on MB's and no pix. tsk tsk tsk.
c'mon!!! out with them!!! :jumping: :jumping:

mr_bill

Originally Posted by Mimzy
wow. a whole thread on MB's and no pix. tsk tsk tsk.
c'mon!!! out with them!!! :jumping: :jumping:
I 2nd that!!!
I would love to see some of these fish.