Marine Velvet?????

primetizzle

Ok so has anybody had any problems with live stock that they have gotten from swf.com. I placed a pretty good order a couple weeks ago and now I have a huge outbreak in my tank......its half my fault I noticed the very first day that the hippo tang and naso tang(which both came in the same order) where both scratching themselves on the rocks and sand. Ok let me back up and tell you what was all in the order.
1 x Blue Hippo Tang
1 x Agar
1 x Red Graciliaria Macroalgae
1 x Mushroom Polyp - Ricordea Green
1 x Haddoni Carpet Anemone
1 x Mystery Corals!
1 x False Percula Clownfish - Aquacultured
1 x Naso Tang
1 x Pink Tip Haitian Anemone
now the pink tip arrived dead,the carpet anemone died three days later. and like I said the naso,and the hippo where scratching themselves rite when I got them. about a week after everything went in my copperband butterfly died,then the naso, now everyfish in my tank is covered in velvet. My Moorish idol, both clowns,yellow tang, sailfin tang, amongst other fish in the tank....so has anybody else had an issue like this?

sepulatian

Stores cannot help if their stock has parasites on it. That is why it is your responsibility to quarantine all new purchases. SWF will take care of the items that arrived dead. They may have a time limit though. Contact customer service. As for the rest of your fish, how do you know it is velvet? Do you have a tank that you could treat them in? Have you tested your water readings? How old is this system?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How big and well established is your tank?
Fish do have parasites when they come from the ocean, and if they don't have them already, they will certainly get them while exposed to other fish and fish tanks before getting to your tank.
It sounds like you have ich.