Marion Jones/ Steroids

ifirefight

-- Track star Marion Jones pleaded guilty Friday to lying to a federal investigator about taking banned substances..... Just wondered what people think of this...or are you all like me and NOT suprised at all.

Seems all the best athletes these days are doping/cheating...baseball,tour de france,etc... Nice role model for the kids.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by ifirefight
-- Track star Marion Jones pleaded guilty Friday to lying to a federal investigator about taking banned substances..... Just wondered what people think of this...or are you all like me and NOT suprised at all.

Seems all the best athletes these days are doping/cheating...baseball,tour de france,etc... Nice role model for the kids.

wrestlers, football, etc, they said they thought it was flax seed oil, samething bonds said they are going after him next i heard, see where this takes us...tobin

ruaround

she had the physich of most males...
i hope Bonds goes down too and loses his title... then there will be no astericks...

tangman99

Oh, it's going to get really interesting. She just didn't come out and confess from feeling guilty. They approached her with something she couldn't dispute and they are definitley making a deal with her. She will be the start of bringing down others and I do believe Bonds will be in their sights. No surprise here.

oniel21

"I lied, now please forgive me".... Scum, complete scum. Is cheating tolerated in poker, in school, at work???? This is completely unaceptable.

tangman99

The thing that peez me off is the people she cheated in the olympics. They will take her medals and the silver will now get the gold, but they were robbed of their moment of glory. That Gold won't mean a thing at this point. That is provided the silver place person wasn't doping either.

hattrick58

Originally Posted by oniel21
"I lied, now please forgive me".... Scum, complete scum. Is cheating tolerated in poker, in school, at work???? This is completely unaceptable.
You sound like this surprises you.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by TangMan99
The thing that peez me off is the people she cheated in the olympics. They will take her medals and the silver will now get the gold, but they were robbed of their moment of glory. That Gold won't mean a thing at this point. That is provided the silver place person wasn't doping either.
Agreed. Cheating in the olympics should carry a huge prison penalty. You're representing all of the USA for Heaven's sakes.

dinogeorge

As with every other low life in our country, someone will come to her aid and excuse what she did. She had a hard childhood. She could not afford the best clothes as a child. It's an illness that she had no control over. Blah, blah, blah.
Everyone in this country has built in excuse for anything they do. Just watch...before the end of next week you'll start to hear people say that is wasn't her fault, or she is not to blame. My guess....the Bush administartion, Enron, or Global Warming was the cause.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by Dinogeorge
As with every other low life in our country, someone will come to her aid and excuse what she did. She had a hard childhood. She could not afford the best clothes as a child. It's an illness that she had no control over. Blah, blah, blah.
Everyone in this country has built in excuse for anything they do. Just watch...before the end of next week you'll start to hear people say that is wasn't her fault, or she is not to blame. My guess....the Bush administartion, Enron, or Global Warming was the cause.
Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!!!!
I agree 1000% !!!! I am so tired of the excuses....Just admit it,accept the consequences and stop trying to blame it on something/somebody else.

tangman99

Just read it in USA Today this morning where she was forced to publicaly confess as part of a plea deal where her old coach (I think it was a coach) is being indicted on money laundering charges. She was facing some serious jail time if she stood by her previous sworn statements in this situation. It is a guess she will still get around 6 month in jail when this is over.
They also nominated her for best actress based on her previous denials. I think her apologies qualify also.

dinogeorge

They also nominated her for best actress based on her previous denials. I think her apologies qualify also.
You hit the nail on the head man!

redinator

Some of the races she won in the Olympics were relays. Now the other members on the relay must give up there medals also.

itom37

It's a shame, for sure... BUT does anyone else think it's absurd that the government concerns itself with this? To me it seems there must be something (wars, nuclear proliferation, environmental policy, healthcare, the 'war' on real drugs, social security, border security, etc., etc., I could go on...) I just don't think it's a matter of federal concern that barry bonds took steroids.