Maroon clown and anemone

ilihia4jc

I have this maroon clown that i have had in my tank for about 2 years. The origional anemone got to small for him so I got a new one and is much larger and is a purple one but i'm not 100% on what the name of it is, but the clown wont go in it. If it touches it, it "jumps" back and then swims around. It has been in the new tank (75 gallon) for 2 weeks and the anemone has been in there for 3 days and they aren't joining. Is there any help that you could send me my e-mail address is ilihia4jc@charter.net that would be wonderful if you could help. Thanks Tim
:help:

trebor126

I had a GSMC in my tank for a year before I added a purple tip sebae anemone.
It took 3 months before the clown took took the anemone, and now they are inseparable. It has been a year now. :D

trebor126

I have a GSMC in my tank for a year before I added a purple tip sebae anemone.
It took 3 months before the clown took took the anemone, and now they are inseparable. It has been a year now. :D

T

thomas712

Its an acclimation proccess, the clownfish needs to build up the proper mucus layers in order to protect itself. Several theroies exsist and it can be more detailed than that but thats it in a nutshell.
It takes time. There are some anemones that will only except certain clownfish as well.
If your clown is trying then allow him to have the time to acclimate itself.
Thomas