Maroon Clown Question.,,

luckyk0505

I know that I am not allowed have more than one maroon
clown for the tank.. but i am trying to get them in pairs..
If I buy two Maroon (Juvinille) are they still gonna kill each other??
or they get along like percs?

col

My LFS over here in England have a Breeding pair.
I couldn't believe how big the female was compared to the male - huge.
It's funny, single maroons £20 but £50 for breeding pair.

lizardworks

Jwtrojan is right, if you want to pair them up on your own, you can. It just takes a time and patience. Make sure that one is larger than the other and allow them to see one another without actually being able to get at each other. Such as a tank divider, in-tank refugium, critter cage, breeder net, anything that will allow them to get used to each other without doing damage. Eventually you will be able to release them together. Be prepared for some bickering at first and keep a close eye on them. If it gets too rough you'll have to separate them again. I've also heard that you can put them both into the tank at the same time, but I favor the slow introduction myself. Either way, there is no guarantee that they will pair up.

myescape0

Here's my marroon...I've been considering getting another but have my reserves...we won him,50 lbs.L/R,a haw.spotted puffer,and a yellow tang from ---- for $56.00.He and the L/R are the only survivors.The tang was kinda beat up when we got him and the puffer wouldn't eat for us.:confused:

krazykarel

I have done this with several clowns. Make sure that the one you are introducing is larger (much larger) and this will usually bode well. The solitary clown in your tank is prob a female...then when the larger female comes in there will usually be a struggle then the smaller one will turn into male. That was simplistic but that's basically it :)
Perhaps someone with a lot of experience with clowns can help?

myescape0

Thanks everyone....the kid at my LFS says he can get us one about the same size....so I guess I'll get a breeding net to keep him in until he and the other adjust.That's what I read somewhere.