Maroon loves the sand?

noodavid

Hello,
I'm new to the message board. I have a medium sized maroon clown that likes to stir up my sand bed. Is this normal?
Thanks for your help!

hagfish

I have one that does that too. I assume it's normal. I am curious too though. By stir up the sand, I assume you mean that he's swimming real fast in place right above the sand.

thirdchaos

My female maroon does it all the time. I have pretty much given up on moving the sand back. Now a large section of my tank (along the back, behind the rocks) is bare bottom. My only problem with it is that the sand settles on my corals and rock, so i have to blow it off. I dont think there is any way to stop it. Good luck.

dexter

Same thing here. I got my Maroon a BTA the other day in hopes it would elimiinate his "tail wagging sand stirring".
When the BTA was near the bottom of the tank before he found a good spot to set his foot, Maroony was still stirring up sand, however, now that the BTA is up on the top of some LR, I havent seen Maroony do it since. (He LOVES his BTA!)
Took him 30 seconds to get into the BTA. LOL

There is a post somewhere in here about one fish owners problem with his Maroon doing that also. I'll see if I can find it.
Dxtr

plomanto

This is a little off topic but my Tellow tang did that for about 2 months then stoped just fast as it started