marron clown --ok?

royalgamma

The next fish i'm thinking of is a clown and I like the maroon...I have a 44 gallon tank with 1 Falco Hawkfish , 1 Blue Devil Damsel , 1 Royal Gramma , 1 Cleanershrimp , 2 Emerald Crabs. I know that they get big (about 4 or 5 inches ) I've tried 2 percula clowns before and the both died ( one was from dethco and the other I put in at the same time as some DYI rock, which might of had something to do with his death) thanks for any help or info.

mopar9012

are you asking if its okay to add one? I think its a good idea and they tolerate less than perc so its probably a good choice seeing you have a damsel.

debbie

I love my maroon clown, they are IMO the nicest looking of the clown family. I would only add one though, they claim to be quite aggressive clowns. Mine will at times attack the glass if I put my face up close to it.... :hilarious
Their movement and color is so beautiful, very nice addition to any aquarium.
Good Luck.....

sepulatian

Hmmm IDK, The Maroon is one of the most agressive and gets the largest. That tank isn't that big with a blue devil and a royal gramma, as both are also known to be territorial and rather agressive.

royalgamma

ok well let me add this I want to get a dwarf angel at some time in the future also so maybe the maroon is gonna be too big?? Probably a Flame Angel or a lemon peel

mr_bill

I'd stear clear of a dwarf angel with that line up. I also had a falco's hawk for a while and they are very aggressive towards new comers.

royalgamma

well I've added a Royal Grama since I've had him and I've had no problems...when its feeding time its all out hell, its like every fish for its self...hahah