Maryg's new 29 BC

maryg

Hey guys, I am thrilled to have nanocube again. My very first SW tank was a 12 gallon aquapod. I also have a 55 reef and a 90 reef. This is also my first brand new tank. I have been fortunate to buy some nice previously owned items.
I picked up some cured rock plus some from my existing tank. I also moved over some corals that were overcrowding my 90. I upgraded the lighting to halides in the 90 and moved over my extreme pro to my 55. So I moved over mostly my softies and some LPS to the cube.
I am going to keep this tank simple (I know famous last words) I am not going to do a refugium in the back chambers. Instead I purchased some nice ornamental macroalgae for the display. It worked last time in my 12g.
Here is my new tank:

hlcroghan

Sounds good! I have never used macroalgae in the DT but if I had some pretty stuff I definitely would. Your nanocube should be even easier this time now that you have a lot more experience under your belt.......please keep us posted!! any plans to add fish or inverts?

maryg

I am loving the look of the black sand (tahitian moon). I have a small maroon clown in there now and I want to put another small fish and a goby.
I was thinking about a Wheeler's goby and a purple pseudochromis. I wanted a blackcap basslet but I am intending to get some shrimp and I hear they might eat them.

maryg

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3030704
Looking good.. make sure to keep that suncoral fed :)
I got this one from a fellow reefer at a meeting last week. She wasn't able to feed it.
I also rescued a yellow and a orange one from a LFS. I feed them 2 times a week and now have good tissue growth.

maryg

Yes! It's the taller version of Codium. I've seen the short codium but I think the taller one looks better, more natural. I got it from a real good online vendor that was recommended to me by a good friend. Their prices are unbeatable. I could email you the info if you like. I am sure SWF.com will not like me to post it here. Lol..

maryg

Flame algae, scroll algae, tall codium, and red gracilaria (my favorite). I got some red gracilaria at a LFS. I thought it was pretty and I put some in my fuge and it grows fast. The guy I bought from gives you nice big chunks. I got 5 plants for 34$ including shipping. Shipping was cheap since I only live in the next county. Lol...
But being that it is only plants it can survive a few days in the mail system. He usually sends 2 days priority I think. I ordered on Sunday and got it Tuesday.