Massive Power Outage....

freeride7

Once power is up and running.....and the PC's can be flipped on.....to those of you who were hit .....how did everyone deal with it....and did everyone make it through without signifigant fish/reef losses...?
Good Luck
TLS

I

irenicus

I couldn't imagine the horror. People will be running out to buy UPS's

flamehawk

The outage brought back memories. I commute into the downtown area of NYC everyday and was at the scene of the WTC when the first plane hit. Last night was not too bad compaed to that experience.
I was lucky in that power was uninterrupted at my home in NJ. All is good on the home front.

fishtanker

power was out for about 4-5hours here in Albany, NY...i went and bought a battery powered airstone just in case it was going to be a long haul. everything survived just fine :)

bahamianme

My elec went out about 4:00pm yesterday and just came back on today at 10:00 am in Roosevelt, New York. I was a little worried about my tank but everything turned out ok...Today I will go out and buy me a battery run airstone. I dont want to get caught w/o one....:eek:

sammystingray

Power was down here in the Cleveland/Akron area for a short time. All is well. The timing on this stinks......it is extremely humid and hot right now here in the north east.:( Not a good time to have no electricity or water. Mid 90s for the last few days....100% humidity....it's like a rain forest here. It seems to rain constantly, but very small showers....just enough to keep the humidity unbearable, but not enough to lower the temp even a degree. My best wishes to those without right now.

blueface

I just edited my profile to delete the "friends" I lost due to the loss of power!! My power was out for over 24 hours. I lost my tusk, orchid dotty, flame hawk, & fire shrimp. I feel like a few of my best friends died at once. The dotty was named "pinky" by one of my daughters when I bought it for her on her birthday over 5 years ago. The tusk was purchased when he was a juvi. & only 1" long 4 years ago. He was 4" w/ full adult colors at his demise. The flame hawk was one of my favorites!! I really miss not seeing him hover @ the surface when its time to feed. It's a miracle that my blueface, purple tang, & blue tang made it. I was using a bicycle pump for air at the end praying they would live. My nano made it thru w/ only the fire shrimp passing. He was actually alive when the power came on. The shock of the system restarting must of killed him. Did anybody else experience such a great loss or am I the only one in mourning???
:( :( :(

My power was out but went back on about 8 hours later. Nothing actually happened at the beginning, but after a few days I realized that my Yellow Tailed Damsel got Viibrio after the stress of the experience. I will truly miss his color and peaceful attitude.:(

killafins

my power was out a good 12 hours, but luckily all that mean was no filtration or light on my part. It was so hot outside that the temp didn't change once!

I

irenicus

I'm soo sorry blueface. That really sucks. Fish really grow on a person.:(

kissiefish

I am so sorry to hear that blueface, I live in NY and just kept watching the time and my tank. I had a UPS on it but it only kept on for a few hours. After the UPS stopped i just kept stirring the top of the water to get some oxygen in there. It sux that you lost your friends, no matter what kind of pet you have they grow on you. Its hard to have no control of the situation while your friends are in trouble, unfortunatly I am sure your not alone.
I feel for everyone that lost their friends this past week. I wish there was more I could say :(
~Kissiefish~

tony detroit

Went about 4 hours and then said pffffff-it! went and put a generator on roomies visa. Everythings fine. Just remember to change over your light timers since they were off for quite a while.