Mated pair maroon yellow banded-Toms River NJ

corsuz

We are breaking down our 29 gallon and have a beautiful pair of maroon yellow banded clowns. They are striking to watch, and we'd love to keep them but unfortunatly we're maxed out on our 125 and need to part with them. Local pickup only, will not ship so don't ask. We live in Toms River area. Paid 65 for pair and are asking that much. They are in perfect health and have been "dancing" for months. We've had them since January and as I said we want to go to one tank so the 29 gal is being sacrificed.
Thanks.

mimzy

I am local but my tank is too small for a pair of maroons....do you have any corals or anything else you're trying to get rid of?

mimzy

Doc, I have a 12 gallon. that's been up almost a month now - fully cycled and workin on 1 week with cleanup crew.
Corsuz, the LFS I use now is Tropaquarium ... the store is AMAZING, but they're really pricey - they were the first one we found when we moved here 5 months ago. I'm gonna try to find other ones tho... I hear there are a few really good ones on Route 22.
I DO NOT suggest, however, that you go to Route4 Aquariums in Fairlawn... just bad news all around in that place.
Where do you all go?

djmpj

Sorry to hi-jack your thread :) The pair sound great but I already have a pair of false perc. clowns that I love. Don't think you can mix them.
I am local too. I use Tropaquarium. Can't complain about their fish. Very healthy but a little expensive. I recently ordered from Saltwaterfish.com and I was thrilled with the fish and the prices. Looking to find someone local that might want to split a future order from them. I'm in Old Bridge.
D

mimzy

dj...try starting a new thread about this one, more pple will see it if it's on it's own.
Plus, maybe corsuz will be able to sell his fish!
Corsuz, how big are the maroons, anyhow? What are you feeding them?

corsuz

we use aqua oceans on route 9 in toms river. love the owner and find it hard to go anywhere else. he's done well by us and is very knowledgable and fairly priced (high-but it's good quality stuff). i would tell you to avoid the route 88 store in brick....fish are diseased and disgusting looking.
the female is approx 4 inches or so and the male is about half her size. the love the brine and mysis mainly but will eat the ther-x pellets sometimes.

corsuz

these are going back to the LFS unless there are any takers. breaking down the tank this weekend. will have 36" coralife lights and a 15" hang-on refugium with lights for sale when that happens.