mated pair of triggers

outlaw69

this pair is about 4 in and came from some ones personal tank that had to be broke down very tame and spoiled got a hold on them waiting for my tank to cycle

outlaw69

they stay together and one is sightly smaller than the other one they are still really cool. most things that i read say to keep to keep only one to a tank but these two hang tight do you think this could become a problem later?

ophiura

Possibly, yes, it could be an issue. They get pretty sizable. How big is your tank? What are the other inhabitants?

crypt keeper

they grow maybe an inch a year once they get to the size they are. Humu hums over 6 inches arent seen a lot in our tanks. Right now if they are happy and together i see no issues. But and this is a big but in a less there are placed in a 6 foot long tank gallon tank that could change. I wouldnt put them in anything less than a 125

outlaw69

70 gal with much live rock and a dogface puffer will probably be all maybe a miniata grouper that is still iffy want to see how the others do first
Ido not want to over stock.
this is my third tank and The wife and I have wanted an agressive tank
nothing is in the tank yet still cycleling

ophiura

I do not suggest this in a 70g. Unfortunately, except as a transitional tank, I don't really recommend the grouper or the puffer either for a permanent home :( 70g is on the small side for a lot of the standard aggressives. There are some good smaller alternatives, but if you don't have plans for the big tank on the horizon...I personally would avoid it.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by outlaw69
http:///forum/post/3101407
70 gal with much live rock and a dogface puffer will probably be all maybe a miniata grouper that is still iffy want to see how the others do first
Ido not want to over stock.
this is my third tank and The wife and I have wanted an agressive tank
nothing is in the tank yet still cycleling
Look into pgmy angels or smalle rlion fish. a small humu humu liek in the 2 inch range would do great for a year or little more. Again slow growers. But then you must upgrade.
Personally id look into dawrf angels. Anglers or something of that nature. Triggers in a 70 arent good long term.
Sharpnose puffers would do great

ophiura

I definitely think you can come up with some cool smaller "aggressives" that would work in the tank long term. Just a matter of doing some solid research into it, and maybe deciding on a keystone like crypt keeper mentioned - maybe an Angler or similar.