Maui Snorkling Pics

ktsdad

Just got back from Maui and thought I would post some photos of what we saw while snorkling!
Enjoy!

These are some of the hard coral formations we saw while out early when the tide was low.
It is hard to really get an idea of the size. One was as big as a Volkswagon Bug!

ktsdad

More hard coral formations!
Plain luck on getting this shot with the almost perfect reflection!
This Humu-Humu Trigger was about 12" long and very cool!

If you look close, there are 2 baby Puffers hanging around this rock!

The last shot was a mix of fish I discovered when a wave pushed me over a large rock.
Almost drowned trying to get a good shot!

reefman22

Wow thats nice. The water must have been relatively shallow to get pics like that! I'm sure u had a blast!!
REEFMAN

ktsdad

Originally Posted by Reefman22
Wow thats nice. The water must have been relatively shallow to get pics like that! I'm sure u had a blast!!
REEFMAN
We went out early in the morning during low tide to get most of the coral shots.
This was the beach directly behind our hotel, very cool!
We used an old Kodak digital camera that we bought an underwater casing (thick plastic bag).
Worked pretty well, took about 200 shots and got maybe 30 good ones.
Trying to learn how to snorkle, deal with the camera and the waves all at the same time was exciting!
Seeing these animals (both corals and fish) in their natural habitat is truely amazing!

vanos

We were in Maui this past June. Did you get a chance to go to Molikini crater? How about Black Rock in front of the Sheraton? I couldn't get anywhere near the Picasso triggers. Although the Black trigger fish would come up to me and feed.

bill109

hey i also have a buch of snorkaling pics of groupers and such they are really i will try to post them tomorrow when i have time to take a llook for them