Maxi-Jets and Moon-Lites

dirtj

Can someone tell me if the Maxijets rotating feature can be deactivated? I am in need of a powerhead, but I don't have enough foom for one to rotate. (Where i am goign to put it)
I want to go with a 900 for my 15g tall. Anyone suggestions or is this a good choice?
Also does these moon-lite "ultra-white" led lights affet the activities of the nocturnal animals in my tank. (Stars, and such...)?
Thanks for all the help!!!

stumpdog

I have a bunch of maxi jets and none of mine rotate. I don't know if I am clear on your question.
HTH-
Jeremy

T

thomas712

Rotating feature :confused: You mean like oscillating? Don't ever remember them making one. I think your refering to another type of power head.
Thomas

T

thomas712

No experience with them but have seen several threads about them. Best to do a search on this board and see what you can find.
Thomas

david s

I bought a led moonlight at macna a week ago the guy said I need 2 for a 4ft tank but I bought 1 and mounted it behind my lights up high they are pretty bright. mine is a cool purple color not sure about the white. it was pretty pricy at 60 bucs. I can see night stuff moving around

foxthorn

According to the description at a different web site.... it sounds like they rotate...
MAXIJET 600 POWERHEAD / MP 600
Flow Rate: 160 GPH
* High performance with low power consumption
* May be used externally or submerged
* Waterproof rotating water outlet
* Silent, versatile, low maintenace
* Protected motor will not overheat
* UL Approved
* Directional Flow Flap
Price $14.95

Originally posted by foxthorn
According to the description at a different web site.... it sounds like they rotate...
MAXIJET 600 POWERHEAD / MP 600
Flow Rate: 160 GPH
* High performance with low power consumption
* May be used externally or submerged
* Waterproof rotating water outlet
* Silent, versatile, low maintenace
* Protected motor will not overheat
* UL Approved
* Directional Flow Flap
Price $14.95

They are referring to adjusting the outflow position manually.