McCafe

michaeltx

I posted awhile back but since they started a mass campaign in areas figured I would repost to see how many more people have tried it.
Hey guys awhile back I had to take a 4 hour class on the McCafe speacialty coffee's at McDonalds and all I got say is WOW I didnt hold to much stock in them as being very good myself just didnt see where they could be a good quality product. After that I gotta say they are great coffee drinks some of them are alittle strong and not as sweet as I like but all in all a very good product.
Has anyone else tried the McCafe line up? and what do you think about it?
This is a mutiple poll so you can vote for your favorite and what you think about it.
Thanks
Mike

ruaround

you had to take a class??? do you work for Mickey D's???
i have tried the iced moha and its pretty good...

saltygerman

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2867377
I posted awhile back but since they started a mass campaign in areas figured I would repost to see how many more people have tried it.
Hey guys awhile back I had to take a 4 hour class on the McCafe speacialty coffee's at McDonalds and all I got say is WOW I didnt hold to much stock in them as being very good myself just didnt see where they could be a good quality product. After that I gotta say they are great coffee drinks some of them are alittle strong and not as sweet as I like but all in all a very good product.
Has anyone else tried the McCafe line up? and what do you think about it?
This is a mutiple poll so you can vote for your favorite and what you think about it.
Thanks
Mike
Is this at all locations now or just select markets???

michaeltx

yeah all the MGRs had to take a course in useing the 20K$ machine to make the coffee line and how to clean it etc. took 4 hours to get through the entire thing. It was interesting though.
Yeah I started in July and have flown through everything within 3 weeks of starting I was a crew trainer and a month later I was a shift MGR then about a month later started BSM and ASM training and take over the overnight shift on January first. in a few more months I will start classes to take over a store of my own. I never ever ever thought I would work for McDonalds but since I have been there its actually a pretty good job.
My last job I was a GM of a Waffle House and had been there since 92 till october of last year and this job is so less stressful I actually like going to work LOL
Mike

michaeltx

Originally Posted by saltygerman
http:///forum/post/2867448
Is this at all locations now or just select markets???

honestly I am not real sure. I dont think its going in to the wal-mart or gas station stores. Its also up to the owner operators I assume if they choose to start it. The investment part of it will take some areas longer to get it in though its 20k$ just for the machine and the store has to be redesigned to create the area for the machine and rewired and new computer programming and montiors for the equipment. I think it will eventually be at all the stores though other than the small wal-mart and gas station ones I dont remember seeing anything about them in the planning stages.
Mike

ruaround

McManagers make pretty darn good money and have great benies...
what do you think of the McMakeover on the burger wrappers???

michaeltx

we havent got the new ones yet. We have these ugly as all get out 4 times to big generic wraps right now till we get the new ones in.
The new McNugget boxes are great looking though LOL

michaeltx

I dont know if you like the McRib or not but we start it here in just a few days for 2 weeks.
I dont remember ever trying them though LOL

aquaknight

One option missing from the thread, those of us that have seen/heard about it, but don't drink coffee so I don't think I'll ever order one

ruaround

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2867486
I dont know if you like the McRib or not but we start it here in just a few days for 2 weeks.
I dont remember ever trying them though LOL
its okay... nothin to write home to mom about... i know some people go freakin crazy for em though... a guy i used to work with bought 20 of em on the last day... he put some in the freezer to reheat in the microwave for the next couple weeks...

michaeltx

yeah there are a lot of people that go nuts over it even have their own McRib lovers website>??? hey to each their own LOL
I dont know if the one that you go to has changed it or not but we have the dollar menu and the double cheese burgers were on it. The took them off and raised the price to $1.19 and added a McDouble to the dollar menu its the same thing only one piece of cheese on it. I guess that one piece of cheese is going to save them a ton LOL

ruaround

yup... they did the same thing here... double cheese is $1.29 here though...
i wish the McDLT would come back... keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool...lol...

michaeltx

I am not familiar with that one. what did it consist of?
one of the stores here had the big and tasty on the dollar menu and the double at 1.89$ before the change

scotts

Hey Mike, how is your back? If you don't mind me asking. (I was going to say if you don't mind me bringing up a sore subject, but thought it was a bad pun)

michaeltx

still messed up. I am waiting on my insurance to kick in so that I can go get the imagine tests done again since the first came out unreadable and I cant afford to do them once let alone twice. So for now I am doing Pain MGMT and not doing alot of anything. The good thing about a MGMT position at McDonalds is that they want you to do nothing and delagate it all out so I just get to stand around and watch everyone else work and tell them what to do LOL gets boring at times but I get paid to do it LOL
Mike

scotts

Well it sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am full of sayings huh? Well time to watch the Amazing race finale.