McCain's Spiritual Guide

crimzy

McCain's trying to be real careful with this one. He knows that Ohio is a very important state in his quest for presidency, (I believe that no president has ever won without winning Ohio but I could be wrong about that). Parsley has a congregation of over 5K and several books out. An article I read also indicated that he solicited large amounts of voters to go out and vote for Bush in '04. He may feel that he needs to placate to this guy so he cannot come in and totally denounce his BIGOTED views. Yet he also doesn't want to align himself too much with the scoundrel. Playing both sides of the fence just like a good politician does.

rylan1

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2527051
Pope Pius XII took photos with Hitler in 1933. Does this mean the vatican supports the extermination of the jews?
Just because McCain is taking aphoto with an influential person in the state does NOT mean he agrees with his views.
Like I said the difference is Obama called his pastor his mentor....McCain called this guy a spiritual leader. Farrakhan is also a spiritual leader.....I would call many people spiritual leaders...even if I disagree with there message.
The KKK has endorsed McCain as well...does this mean McCain is a racist also?

This is hypocritical... you tie Obama to Farrakhan... but let comments from Hagee and Parsley go... Hagee has said many things as well as Parsley that are inflamatory... They have also said similar things about US Foreign Policy and its roll in the "reap what you sow" idealolgy. We know little about Wright... you can't base a man and his work entirely on 2 :15 clips of a sermon... This is silly...What I also believe is that most of "white America" (OH NO...There goes that word
) has no idea of what goes on in the black church... these are places that preachers also preach about the social issues that are affecting the black community... as well as about Jesus... If you look at the history of the church you can see how many social and political issues arise from the black church... Its a place where a congregation can get together and express there feelings... I don't agree w/ all the statements that were made; however, I do believe that some are justifiable. Do I think the statements were racist?.... No, I think he was speaking out against evil...not particularly against white people... For you who disagree tell what statement was racist and I'll respond to it...perhaps I missed something. I think Obama's speech gave a clear illustration of the problems and frustrations that we as all americans have in regards to race issues..
Back to the KKK McCain comment ...Why can't you make the same assertion?... People wanted to link Obama and Farrakhan together... Lets have some equal treatment of the candidates... and get back to the issues..

rylan1

http:///forum/post/2527404
A spiritual guide
HIS mentor
what is the difference Rylan? Basic english.
Guide:
One who shows the way by leading, directing, or advising
Mentor:
A wise and trusted counselor or teacher
or a wise and trusted guide
or advisor
What does a counselor or teach do?...They lead, direct, or advise

darthtang aw

I never linked obama to farrakhan. I mentioned his church honored the guy, But never linked Obama to Farrakhan.
To take it further. Obama is a member of a church that supports Farrakhan. Obamas website has links to the Black Panthers and is endorsed by the black panthers.
McCain does not belong to the "pastor's" church. McCain has no ties or links to the KKK.
One group supports each other.
The other receives just support.
See the difference?

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2527435
Guide:
One who shows the way by leading, directing, or advising
Mentor:
A wise and trusted counselor or teacher
or a wise and trusted guide
or advisor
What does a counselor or teach do?...They lead, direct, or advise

I know the definition.
Now look at the words in front of each word.
A
His
those two words change the context in which each noun is used.

rylan1

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/2526937
did you read the part where I said anybody should be allowed to practice whatever religion they want as long as it did not dictate killing others? well, there are a lot of muslims killing others. now, you can be an apologist all you want, but they are the ones murdering people for no good reason, not me. I, like most other people, form my opinions based on what I see. when the only muslims I see are monsters, that's the opinion I form of them. if they want people to have better opinions of them, they should pick better spokesmen. so no, I don't have a problem with someone making anti-Islam comments. and like I previously said, Islam as far as I'm concerned, is a religion that worships a false god.
You can make the same assertions about other religions, even Christians who have murdered in the name of God.
People shouldn't make any anti-religion statments... its disrepectful... the only one that I really question are cult like religions such as Scientology...I also will say that Islam, Judism,Christianity... all likely worship the same God. There are only a few beliefs that separate us all...

But you can't group all muslims in that category... its wrong...and you only are seeing a small glimpse of the total picture.

rylan1

http:///forum/post/2527438
I never linked obama to farrakhan. I mentioned his church honored the guy, But never linked Obama to Farrakhan.
To take it further. Obama is a member of a church that supports Farrakhan. Obamas website has links to the Black Panthers and is endorsed by the black panthers.
McCain does not belong to the "pastor's" church. McCain has no ties or links to the KKK.
One group supports each other.
The other receives just support.
See the difference?
I think a proper review of history will show that many of the groups or people you believe are racist organization are not exactly that.... but grew out of the frustration of being mistreated and wanting to stand up for their rights and entitlements as being US citizens... I will say that the group largely was revolutionary to begin with.. and wanted to take their equallty back by force and organization...I know this seems like counter nationalism to you because you are on the other side... but you have to really look and understand why people do what they do... the same can be said about whats going on in Iraq and w/ terrorism... there are some similarities because the muslims feel oppressed by the materialistic/sinful ways of the West which is counter to their central beliefs...and we are there in part to "fuel" are way of life. If you look at the history of oil in the Middle East and the extremist movement... you'll see a direct coorelation... Heck, look at what was said by Osama about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia recently...and there is no coensidence that the hijackers were from there.

rylan1

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/2527509
They pulled it already...
http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008...-from-website/
Shows a pic of the original page..
So lets make some distinctions... this is a public forum on the site which allows the public to add discussion to the site... I can't do it on my work computer... but the comments made by the "New Black Panther" party seem to be positive... Also i you look at the different group of the sixties.. they did a lot of good in the community... I am familar with the new group, but don't know what their exact idealogy is... according to what I read there... I looks positive and not divisive in any way.

darthtang aw

Don't get me wrong, the idea behind the black panthers I supported. Where they lost me is whne many of their members started robbing and destroying white owned businesses.

wattsupdoc

Googling @ foxnews.com, I find nothing concerning the New black Panthers and Obama. I don't know if the other link is correct or not, but I cant find anything to support it. Yet...

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2527517
So lets make some distinctions... this is a public forum on the site which allows the public to add discussion to the site... I can't do it on my work computer... but the comments made by the "New Black Panther" party seem to be positive... Also i you look at the different group of the sixties.. they did a lot of good in the community... I am familar with the new group, but don't know what their exact idealogy is... according to what I read there... I looks positive and not divisive in any way.
Here is a clip from the new black panther party. Alan Colmes even calls this idiot on his BS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXEEm480_jU

pontius

http:///forum/post/2527450
You can make the same assertions about other religions, even Christians who have murdered in the name of God.
People shouldn't make any anti-religion statments... its disrepectful... the only one that I really question are cult like religions such as Scientology...I also will say that Islam, Judism,Christianity... all likely worship the same God. There are only a few beliefs that separate us all...

But you can't group all muslims in that category... its wrong...and you only are seeing a small glimpse of the total picture.
nope, they're not close to being the same religion. the Christian faith says the ONLY way to God is through Jesus Christ. in Islam, Jesus is a lower prophet than Muhammed. in Judaism, he is not recognized as the Messiah. so, that's a lot different than a "few beliefs". personally, I don't care if people talk bad about Christianity. they're going to do it anyway. they should just keep their mouth shut when I slam their religion back at them. and as far as I'm concerned, Scientology is no lower a religion than Islam, Buddism, Hinduism, or any others. the Q'uran may be much more interesting reading, but it is no less false than Scientology as far as I'm concerned.
just for the record....I'm not as offended by Parsley's anti-Islam rhetoric as I am by Wright's anti-whitey rhetoric. and I think both are easy to attack for either candidate. but make no mistake, I'm not voting for either McCain or Obama, my mind is clearly made up on that. but it's on issues, not who their preacher/guidance counselor/confidant/etc may be.