Mean fish

ladies man 246

I bought 4 turbo snails and i put them in my tank and all of a sudden my clown and dottyback started picking on them. The snails aren't even budging now. Please help!

nicetry

If the snails are being bothered, they may simply be in a defensive mode and not moving. Not sure what species of dottyback you have but as clown will not normally molest a snail. Snails are also quite sensitive to changes in water so it would help to know how you acclimated them to your tank. Anything other than a slow drip acclimation might have been a shock to them. I've also had snails that simply stay put for several hours and then begin to move, so you may see them relocate after a night in your tank.

tarball

Originally Posted by Ladies Man 246
I bought 4 turbo snails and i put them in my tank and all of a sudden my clown and dottyback started picking on them. The snails aren't even budging now. Please help!

The fish will stop harassing the turbos when they figure out its pointless to pick at them.

kanicky

+1 from above.
Our snails don't really move until lights-out, when the two puffers are asleep.
You'd think they were smart or something!

lexluethar

They will stop after they realize it's useless. If your snails are dead/dying that is another story though - if you find them upsidedown then you may have a problem. But if they aren't moving, just sitting in the sandbed this is what they usually do during the day anyways. I have five turbos that don't move from their "normal" spots until evening.
Like the above posters said, as long they aren't exposed they are fine.