mean tomato clown

i have a 125 yellow tang ,tomatoclown,geniafowl puffer,lionfishj,and a mexican dragon moray. all is fine except the tomato is shreding the lions tail always messing with him the lion is about 18inches long . the tomato is 4 inches long . it is non stop they have been together for about 3 yrs . well one funny thing the tang is in love with the eel where ever it goes the tank will follow . i guess it is time to remove one but which one

T

trasler

Tomatoe clowns can be docile when small, but will grow aggressive with size and maturity. IMO I would get rid of the clown as it will probally continue to be aggressive...

he is full grown and he doesn,t bother anyone but the lion . i wil have to contact my local pet shop and see about trading him in for a naso tang or kole tang . sucks he has been around for about 3 yrs but i can,t let my lion die he is awesome i feed him by hand and he always moves away while i,ma working on the tank .i willhave to record next time i hand feedhim really cool fish

well i really want to add a clowntrigger but the last one i had went after a creb and busted his mouth on a rock and wouldn,t eat died the one before that did the same crap . i might just get rid of the tomato or setup another tank for the lion by himself like a 120 we will see dam clown fish wtf

Originally Posted by clowntrigger2k
http:///forum/post/3152485
i have a 125 yellow tang ,tomatoclown,geniafowl puffer,lionfishj,and a mexican dragon moray. all is fine except the tomato is shreding the lions tail always messing with him the lion is about 18inches long . the tomato is 4 inches long . it is non stop they have been together for about 3 yrs . well one funny thing the tang is in love with the eel where ever it goes the tank will follow . i guess it is time to remove one but which one
I seen a photo of a trigger, and a eel being friends in the photo section.

cranberry

Originally Posted by clowntrigger2k
http:///forum/post/3152485
If your lion is indeed 18" long I would love to see a pic of him with a tape measure.

i,ma not gonna measure the lion lol he is big and i just guessed . he is big after taking the coral out and cleaning it off the lion is more like 14 inches or more .

srfisher17

I can't imagine a worse tankmate for a mature lion than a clown trigger. Most triggers will shred a lion sooner or later...the CT will do it sooner. They are one of the meanest fish in the hobby. Yeah, I know there are exceptions.

i see your point but i have had my share of clowntriggers and they have never messed with a lion i have had. but i,am still thinking of putting the lion in a 120 by himself or with a eel . then getting the clowntrigger in the 125.the crazy thing is my yellow tang is aggressive i have never seen one like this. he will take food away well try out of the eels mouth and the lion also the puffer.

skate020

IMO get rid of the clown is the first thing to do hands down
then, keep the lion in the tank, otherwise it's just a waste of a beautiful fish in a dt
but instead of a CT get a niger trigger? they may nip at the lion, but chances are they wont, i've got a niger trigger in with baby lion and he doesnt go near it, he also looks after my baby clowns, and they stil look great:)

he has passed after i put him in another tank i guess it was from the shock he has been thru much i had to revive him when we moved and he made it thru but not now freaking sucks . so i went to the store to look around my son was really sad so we got a floweri tang he is awesome fish about 10 inches very beatiful fish . got him dirt cheap a heart doctor was supose to leave him there for 24 hrs and it has been a month so the store owner offered him to me for 80 bucks he sold it for 275 to the doctor about a year or more ago . so the doctors lost my gain. i will another lion but once i get my 240 which i hope to have by christmas .