meat of the gods...

nflnutswif

The only way I can get my kids to eat fresh green beans is to, fry up a LB of chopped bacon in a cast iron pot add 1 chopped onion the bacon grease will saute the onion, when its cooked down add 2 LB of fresh green beans 1/4 cup of water or beef broth cover the pot and simmer for 35-45 min!
Hummmmmmmmm

lexus9903

The true meat of the Gods is MOOSE! Healthiest for you with none of that steroid pumped up crap they give the cows. Anyone have a chance to get some moose meat, do it!!!! Also, one moose, will feed a family all the steaks, burger,jerky etc that they need for a year! Can't beat that with a stick!

Lexi

someone400

Originally posted by nflnutswif
The only way I can get my kids to eat fresh green beans is to, fry up a LB of chopped bacon in a cast iron pot add 1 chopped onion the bacon grease will saute the onion, when its cooked down add 2 LB of fresh green beans 1/4 cup of water or beef broth cover the pot and simmer for 35-45 min!
Hummmmmmmmm

Sounds good to me nflnutswif! That’s the way we cook them at our house (learned it from my grandmother). We do the same with black eyed peas also…

jstange2

try side-pork sometime. kind of like bacon but it's about 1/4 inch thick and it's not seasoned or cured. fry it up, sprinkle some salt and pepper on it as it (frys/fries?: whatever) and enjoy

pwnag3!!

Originally posted by oceanminded
pwnag3!! dude... i could eat grass and bacon and it would be delectable.
mmmmm Well now what kind of grass?

winter rye has a nice flavor. im done with that stage in my life lol.

doxboi

Originally posted by AutoPilot
I love bacon. My GF hates it (i think its cuase he used to live on a pig farm) so she gives me her bacon when iits on a sandwich so I get double :joy:

My GF hates it = think its cuase he
used to
I like bacon but I like other parts of the pig. Like ribs, roast, and so on. Bar-B-Q is the best way to eat any meat. Even moose from Canada or Alaska, or buffalo!!

O

ogdog30

heres something cool, kill a deer get some meat around the spine, marinate, wrap in bacon put some coffie grounds, and grill! there called backstraps and there good :yes:

fishnerd

Originally posted by Lexus9903
The true meat of the Gods is MOOSE! Healthiest for you with none of that steroid pumped up crap they give the cows. Anyone have a chance to get some moose meat, do it!!!! Also, one moose, will feed a family all the steaks, burger,jerky etc that they need for a year! Can't beat that with a stick!

Lexi

I've always thought about that, but after you shoot a moose, how do you drag it out of the woods?? Backhoe, Forklift, etc???

liontamer

To be quite frank with u, u have to bring along yer tool kit with u to chop it up nice and neat...and then make many trips. Or bring an atv with u, and still make a couple trips. Moose meat is bien. And uh...canadian bacon? Wat is up with that? They took ham, called it bacon, and made a profit. They took tap water, calle dit spring water, and made a profit. Now wat...fony soda? They say its soda, but its really just flavored tonic...evil canadians