Meet Spot

hot883

Originally Posted by Wingnut Sr
Spot is a Harlequin Sweetlips
They get like 2 feet long and UGLY.
Cool looking as juvi's though. They grow fast so hopefully you have a LARGE system.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by hot883
They get like 2 feet long and UGLY.
Cool looking as juvi's though. They grow fast so hopefully you have a LARGE system.
yep, I totally agree.
I hope you have something other than the 55 in your profile...

wingnut sr

Yes, we are currently looking to go much bigger, maybe 125. We are gonna keep the 55 though.
If he gets too big, well, not sure then.

hot883

Originally Posted by Wingnut Sr
Yes, we are currently looking to go much bigger, maybe 125. We are gonna keep the 55 though.
If he gets too big, well, not sure then.
Good deal, just making sure you knew. Not flaming, just educating. Ha!

hot883

Nice picture though. My newbie mistake like 18 years ago was having 1 in a 55 gal. tank with 3 morish idols. Thats a newbie mistake.

whitey_028

Originally Posted by arsen_36
18 years!! damn i didnt even know salt tanks were around back then....
For more than 4,000 years, men and women have kept fish, first in ponds and later in tanks. The earliest known fish keepers were the Sumerians, who as long ago as 2500 B.C. kept fish in ponds and used them as food.

[hr]
Many other ancient cultures, awed by the beauty, speed and agility of animals such as fish and birds, considered them to be sacred. For instance, the ancient Egyptians bred certain species of fish specifically for their beauty and decorative characteristics. Pictures of fish are found in frescoes in Egyptian tombs, showing them as a sacred object. Roman merchants were known to keep freshwater fish to sell as food in public aquariums.
Today, fish are America's second most popular pet, trailing only cats but outnumbering dogs. More than 7.4 million U.S. households (including, if you look closely, that of Agent Mulder on the TV series The X Files) have aquarium fish, and that figure doesn't even include goldfish in bowls!