Megaflow overflow kit concerns

katz

I got this kit with my tank and am having concerns on hooking it up.
I have a Sequence Dart pump and the return line is 1 1/2 in. in diameter.
How do you go from 1 1/2 inches to 3/4 inches? Will this cause problems with pressure build up?
I am using PVC pipe.
I have a 125g tank with twin corner overflows.
Katz

fbm

Your return lines, I don't think are 1.5 inches. The 1.5 inche lines go into your sump, these are the return lines. Your pump discharge could be 1 inche, if so just reduce that down to 3/4 inche for your return lines. This will cause very little flow restriction and not be a big deal whatsoever.

katz

My line that went into my sump was 2 inches and the return line is 1 1/2 inches. That is why I am concerned.
I am also having problems finding plumbing part to down size that much.
Is it going to be a problem with pressure?
Katz :scared:

jsteiert

Well Im no expert but will offer my opinion.
I would think that your return line would go from 1.5" into a reducing Tee with 2-3/4" outlets. I have been working on my plumbing also so I am becoming with the stock of Home Depot and Lowes. There is a huge selection of reducing bushings and Tee's at both locations.
I would put my Tee as close to the pump as possible then run my 3/4" lines through out the remainder of the system.
Option 2: If you cant find what you need or figure out how you want to go from 1.5 to 3/4 at the other stores, try a small mom and pop type of hardware store, they offer more personalized service and Im sure they could assist you. They may be higher priced but the service is usually much better.