melting mushrooms???

chrisrench

Ok, here's a new one on me. I came home from work yesterday and saw that out of maybe 25-30 mushrooms of various kinds, I had 3 that were as wilted as could be. They literally looked like had melted. I've never seen anything like it. Any ideas????

bsktmom

One of my mushrooms did that also yesterday. The others look fine. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks.

michelle13

I had that happen a couple of months ago. I lost almost all of my original shrooms, but the little ones survived. The only thing I saw that was abnormal was a hole on the stalk of some of them. I never could determine what it was from though. I hope someone can tell you what it is so you don't lose any more.

chrisrench

My water parameters are good, I have had a algae bloom lately, but even that has subsided in the last few days, now the shrooms. Its weird too, because the 2 or 3 shrooms doing it are on opposite ends of the tank.

blackomne

Check your lighting.
I recently replaced the glass on the hood because I could not get it extremely clean. Afterward, the light was much brighter and the mushroom responded by going twice their size. So I would check my lights or clean the glass really really well.
:eek: