Melting Zoos

skinless85

I recently had a mini-crash in my 29 Biocube and lost a couple fish, zoo frags, and mushrooms. It happened overnight after i added my blue sponge coral. My fish became lethargic and would not eat or swim at all. Water Perameters were normal except for a .25 reading for ammonia which was porbably due to some corals dying. The weird part is that my candy canes, bubble coral, and brain were bigger than i have ever seen. They seemed to love it. I have done 3 water changes in the last week, added some chemi-pure elite, and the fish have now started to be a little more active and have started eating as well. I removed the dying corals and put the zoo frags that looked like they could be saved into another tank. They have started to open but it looks like the skirts have either been burned off or melted to the rest of the zoo. They just dont look normal. They almost look like a flower when they start to dry out (best way i can explain it). Will they eventually go back to normal or was this a permanent thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

skinless85

I forgot to add that this tank has been up for a little more than a year with no previous issues.
Temp.-78.4
SG-1.024
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-10-15
Ammonia was at .25 and is now down to almost 0
Calcium-440
Ph-8.0