Member's tank Pictures

barracuda

Hey Fishtails,
can you do me favor and get a pic of your sand bed surface. The best one you can get, please.
Thanks in advance.

fishtails

Why is that Barracuda....I know,the algea,I don't have a Ro or DI so all I can use is tap water.....Phosphates always test .1ppm....Would a fighting/queen conch eat the hair algea?

fishtails

Here ya go Barracuda....Flame away......This pic is from last wk.though and it's slowly going away,I hope......

barracuda

Thanks Alex,
are you sure your phoshates at 0.1 ppm? If you are sure, so your silicates at top. Believe me. Think of adding RO unit, if you are going to have SW tank for a long time. Tap water contains not only phosphates, silicates and nitrates. There a lot of poisonous stuff, heavy metals. These things won't make ypur corals happy. What you can do now is to put Phosphate/silicate sponge to remove whatever you have now, but after water change it will unfortunately comeback. I don't think adding fighting counch will solve your problem forever.
Thanks again!!!

fishtails

I know Barracuda...I'm only 14 though.....I'll get one when I save my money......I was getting a conch to eat the hair algea and stir the sand bed.....

fishtails

BTW,the tank is 11 mths.old now.....I never had any problems till I upgraded my pc's.....That's when the brown algea appeared.....

barracuda

Beautiful tank, Josh!!! What is this big piece of pipe in the middle? Is this a surge device outlet???

josh

Ha, thanks... big piece of pipe. That is the outlet for a bakpak skimmer, which I just sold. I am installing my sump/fuge this weekend so thankfully I won't have all of the junk in the tank anymore! I can't wait!
Slick, looks good man. I really like the 90, not to big but has great depth to work with.

mrmaroon

My grandmother lives in Muscatine and my other grandparents lived there for a bazillion years and just moved south of Des Moines!

arkman

Fishtails - if you can't afford an RO unit today, check around some of your local supermarkets - or maybe in the phone book for someone who sells purified water - just ask, or look at hte purification process - it may be RO. My local supermarket sells it for only $.40 a gallon - and I just bing in my oen 5 gal jugs...
NaClH20 - that's awesome. Very nice.

maury

Fishtails. Was looking at your sandbed pics, and was thinking that might be dinoflagellates. Are there any small bubbles associated with the brown slimy stiff? Any on the rocks? I have had an on-again, off-again relationship with dino's in the past, and they look like that. Also, have you tested your silicates and phosphates? If not, do so. I know you are using tap (and I agree, really should switch), but you can run a phosphate sponge to help soak up the excess, and it should improve.
Beautiful tanks everyone
Oh, and here's a look at my 210. An older pic, but I'll try to get something better up when my new camera gets here.