Memories of my Maroon Clown

bluemarlin

I just responded about clowns in another thread and it got me to laughing so hard that I wanted to share this. I used to have a maroon clownfish that used to blow the sand around and dig little craters in the sand. When he came upon a pebble that was too big to be blown around he would pick it up in his mouth and swim to the other end of the tank. There he would drop "bombs" onto the unsuspecting grouper below. It was too funny. My daughter and I used to sit there for 30 minutes and watch and make bomb noises.
"Whistle sound and then BOOOOM!" The grouper just looked around as if to say, "What the heck is going on here?" It was hilarious. I had that clown for 14 years I think. A long time. He is really missed! Who says the bigger the fish rule the tank? This clown used weapons of mass destruction. At least in the fish sense of the word. :D

bluemarlin

The holes are not huge. Maybe the size of a half dollar. Mine always made them in the corner of the tank or up against a rock and dug out like a little cave area.