Merry 6-Pack

tru conch

nice looking nano! lots of bright colors.
do you have any problems with the hammer stinging other corals (ie the doughnut coral in front of it?)

barbiegirl

I have a ten gallon also...could you tell me if you have a protein skimmer on this and what kind of filtration other than live rock...I am having a terrible time with the red brown algae...I wil wipe it off the sides of the tank and a couple of hours it is covered on the sides and the sand.

bigarn

No protien skimmer. I have a millenium 1000 HOB filter and 2 PH's. Is your tank new? Sounds like you have either diatom algae or cyanobacteria. Do you have good water circulation throughout the tank with no dead spots? :D

barbiegirl

The tank is about two months old i have a hob filter I can't hinkof the name...something 170 with bio wheel. Do you have any advice on what i can do to help this situation?

bigarn

Use RO water if you're not already. Increase the waterflow in the tank. (I find 2 PH's work best) Cut back on the lighting time for awhile, or if you don't have corals turn them off for a few days. If you have fish, try feeding them every other day once a day and don't overfeed. I'm not a big fan of bio-wheel filters, I'd get a HOB without them.
Your tank is new so these outbreaks are normal....be sure the water parameters are good also and you can beat it!

HTH
:D
Oh yeah..... do weekly 1 gallon waterchanges with RO water. :happyfish

liverock27

Great looking tank. Just wanted to know if you add any supplements, like calcium, or if you just do weekly/biweekly water changes.