Metal Halide???

brucewrs

I just ordered this.I dont have a reef tank so it should be enough light for my live rock and anemones.
Total output 542W.
Approx Fixture Size: 48"L x 11.5"W x 3.5"H
System Support: 2x175W HQI, 2x96W CF, and 6xBluemoon LED
Odyssea metal halide system (Version 4) comes with:
non-corrosive powder coated housing
built-in cooling fans
external ballast
tempered glass splash guard
hanging kit and mounting brackets
2x double ended 175W HQI bulb
2x compact fluorescent 96W bulb actinic blue
6x plug in bluemoon LED

gatorwpb

Thats a fixture that uses legs stands to attach to the top of the tank. Its meant for tanks without canopies.
You'd be better off with whats called a retro-fit but you may be able to get the fixture to work using the "hanging kit"
Also, do a search using the search function for "Odyssea" on here and you'll find alot of comments on them. They have had a history of catching on fire, but supposedly the new 2006/7 versions have been fixed. The problem before was the ballast. I believe they are from China and therefore have no warranty. But Ive seen some posts recently of people that have the new ones and love them. GL

mandarin w

I agree I think the retro fit would work out much better for you. Plus putting a light fixture in side a canopy... well I think it would be harder for the fixture to stay cool even with fans.
If you do a retro fit, you can get the lights you want, put them how you want. And it really isn't that hard. You can find all sorts of used equipment on the selling site here.
Go to the equipment forum, ask them to help you design your lights, what all you would need to look for, etc.
Plus going by the watts is not a very good measure anymore. Because of T-5s, Their watts is way different that watts of a pc, or a MH.

S

slayer

there is a whole thread on this in equipment and diy
Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights