MH Bulb question

nolesfan06

Hey I'm gonna need a new bulb for my 175w MH soon. what is a good quality brand to look for? something not to expense but not cheap either. i want a 14K. cuz the 10k i got is startin to look a little yellow.

db

Are you looking for something that's more blue or something that is an ice white? Iwasaki came out with a new 14K that people rave about. It's more of a true 14K so it's more of an ice white. If you want something a bit more blue the Coralvue Reeflux 12k has nice color.

nolesfan06

i'd like something with a little blue. right now i got a 10k catalina but it's kinda yellow so i got a marine-glo bulb on there to put more blue in the tank. thanks for the references. i'll look'em up.

T

thomas712

XM 175w MH bulb, 15000. Price: $59.00 online sale price, reg 69.00.
I use the XM 10,000k bulb for 2 years now. I like it, but I also have 440watt VHO so I have the ballance of the actinic blue and 50/50 blue/white bulbs.
But if you looking for something not as bright/white yellow then the 15,000 should be nice for you. Haven't used it myself so I don't know if you will accept my recommendation or not.

db

The color on the XM 15K is nice, but it has very low PAR. It's even lower than their 20K bulb.