MH lighting dealer recommendations

briterco

Any particular recommendations for online MH lighting dealers? Obviously looking for reputable and good prices. I have a 125g that's been up for 6 months now - I started with a package deal from the LFS, and as I've gotten so much more savvy :) at the whole thing, I realize how cheesy the lighting system that it came with really is (220w HO fluorescent).
I'm waffling between a retro fit and a complete fixture, or even a complete DIY. I've read a lot of posts here, but the whole lighting thing certainly is confusing.
Thanks for any recommendations!

D

daniel411

Out of respect for this being a commercially sponsored message board, and an awesome board/store at that! IMO
We can't mention other online vendors for aquariums supplies.
What are you planning on having in your display? Metal halides are the most intense lights and great for dedicated coral/anenome setups, however they're not necessary for mostly fish only systems.

briterco

Well, I eventually want to have a full-blown reef display w/ corals and plants. Seems that most folks talk that MH is the way to go. I just don't want to shortcut now then regret later. I also really like the shimmer effect that the MH gives. From the shopping that I've done for a MH system, it seems like I'm looking at around a thousand bucks to get set up, which is certainly a chunk of change, even for this hobby!