MH lighting for sale

radiolotek

Ok, I have a neighbor who does construction and they just tore down a hanger. In it they had 24 mh light fixtures that he was allowed to take home. He is asking 100 ea. It includes reflector, socket, cover, bulb, and ballast. It is 400w. The only problem is these are set up for 220v. I will get some pics asap. Let me know if your interested at radiolotek at tmail dot com or on here.

radiolotek

Originally Posted by fishfryer
so what does the only problem:they are set for 220v mean to a person that does not know what that means?

It means that it is industrial power. House outlet is 110 I believe and your dryer is 220. I have a guy that owns the hydroponics store in town looking at one of them and he thinks it can be switched to 110. He will let me know.

radiolotek

Originally Posted by fishfryer
so what does the only problem:they are set for 220v mean to a person that does not know what that means?

It means that it is industrial power. House outlet is 110 I believe and your dryer is 220. I have a guy that owns the hydroponics store in town looking at one of them and he thinks it can be switched to 110. He will let me know.

laddy

Just make sure you up your home-owners insurance before you plug these into standard 110v with ballasts built for 220v.
Remember it's not the volts that get ya, it's the amps.

bamc123

Check the ballasts some have the option to be wired up for 120v or 220v. But look at the bulb they make a 120v or a 220v bulb. So if it wired for 220v be careful when you put a bulb rated for 120v in there. And vice versa if it is wired for 120v there will not be enough power to light uo a 220v bulb. so if it were a 220v set up you factor in a 120v bulb for your home that 100 dollars turned into about 170 dollars because you will need to buy a new bulb.

radiolotek

I think it can be switched to 120 but yea the bulb would have to be different. Ill ask if he will come down on the price if that's thre case. Depends if anyone want em.