Mh Lighting Help

fordsvt04

Alright I have done alot of reading but cant find everything that I need. Anyways I am going to be upgrading to a 75gal tanks here soon. Im going to let that cycle before I move everything out of my 35 to that. I am going to need some new lighting but Im not sure on what to get. Here is the list of diffrent options...
1 x 175watt mh
or
1 x 250watt mh
or
1 x 400watt mh
or
2 x 175watt mh
or
2 x 250watt HQI mh
or
2 x 250watt mh
or
2 x 400watt mh
or
3 x 175watt mh
or
3 x 250watt mh
or
3 x 400watt mh
( All of these come with the option of getting a 10k,15k,20k) Which should I get with the combo above and why????
I will also get 2 VHO Actonic 03 Bulbs and some LED moon lights.
Thank you so much for your help. Thanks

ejensen

You can't go wrong with 2 x 250 MH or HQI's. You can keep anything. I would get them in 14k of 15k.

watson3

Originally Posted by fordsvt04
So ok 250 will be ok? And go with 14k?
Get ready for some heat..14k Has that bluer hue already in it..

mandarin w

On a standard 75 gallon you could go with 2x175 or 2x250. It greatly depends on what you want to keep. If you think you will eventually go towards SPS then go for the 2x250's. As far as which "K" factor to get, you stated that you are going to use VHO's for actinic lighting, If that is the case, I would just use regular 10K blubs, XM's are very good. The reason is: you are going to have a blue cast already from the VHO's, you probley wont like even more comeing from the MH. That would be way to much blue going in your tank.

fordsvt04

so would it be better to go with just mh 14k's or 10k and atonic 03's... Im guessing 10k& 03 because you dont want to leave mh's on and you can leave the 03s on bythemselves right???