Mh Q?

mythrenody

Im looking into setting up some MHs,Found a site that sells the reflectors,mogul sockers,and comes with 8' cord. Will all i need is a ballast and bulbs?

Thanks

mythrenody

Would the Coralvue bulbs run in a Mogul Style Socket? The only description this site gives is
NEW VERSION, runs on standard, electronic or pulse start
20K 175watt Metal Halide Bulb - CoralVue
I plan on using an Icecap New Style Ballast.

mythrenody

hmmm,awsome,Thanks again Viper. I found that it's cheaper buying everything seperate than buying a pendant setup. 203 bucks for everything
Except for an enclosure :thinking:

mythrenody

Ok,I just need some help with choosing a bulb's kelvin,10k? 14k? 20k? I'm not gonna run actinics,So would i need 20k?

mythrenody

I just got my lights and ballast. But im alittle confused. The mogul socket has a weird plyg,where does plug into?

jakebtc

into the ballast, you may have to do a lil research to find out what wire goes to what and hard wire it if you don't have the correct plug or "adapter"
and if you are going to use actinic supplement do not use 20,00k bulb's it will be way too blue imo
only use them if you don't have actinics at all and you want the 20,00k to imitate actinics

mythrenody

:joy: Ok,i think i figured out my problem,I was looking at other ballasts and found some info:
"Note:pFO now uses a 3 prong quick connect not show in picture. If you are buying the ballast for an older PFO socket assembly or pendant, you will need a special conversion plug, cost 5.00" My socket comes with a funky 3-prong socket,So i just need a new ballast?

viper_930

The ballast has a cord that plugs into the wall outlet. On the opposite side of the ballast is a socket. That socket fits the 3 prong quick disconnect plug, and that cord attaches to the bulb socket. HTH

mythrenody

Thanks,It has helped,My ballast doesnt have the outlet for the plug for the lights. So i'm gonna trade it in at my LFS