MH question

crustymonk

I have 300 w MH with 2-21w T5 blues on my 80 gal DT. The tank looks yellowish form the MH. Could I add more blue PC light to tone the yellow down? Would that work?
Thanks in advance.

zman1

Is that two 150 W MH bulbs. What is the color temp of the MH bulbs. You may need to go with 10,000K bulbs.

crustymonk

This what it has now,2x150W HQI bulb and 4x21W T5 bulb actinic blue. Do the MH have a color temp? :notsure: Sorry for ignorant question. New to this stuff.

dogstar

Yes, MH do have a color rateing know as kelvin ( K rateing ) if it low around 6500K then thats very yellowish but best for growth and can be offset useing PCs or T5s ect. that are actinic blue and the more you use the blueer everything looks. You can buy MHs up to a 20000K rateing and they have much more blue already in them and other lights may not be needed if turn out to be the color you like.

crustymonk

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yes, MH do have a color rateing know as kelvin ( K rateing ) if it low around 6500K then thats very yellowish but best for growth and can be offset useing PCs or T5s ect. that are actinic blue and the more you use the blueer everything looks. You can buy MHs up to a 20000K rateing and they have much more blue already in them and other lights may not be needed if turn out to be the color you like.

Thanks Dogstar