MH suggestions please

tentacle

I have a 120 with Coral Life fixture that has 2 150 10,000 k de lamps plus pc actinic and led moon lights.
I have a mixed tank, sps lps zoos clams etc. and am doing fine, but I like flourescence and want more color. Lower par values worry me a bit so I want to make the right choice.
From what I have seen, 20000k Radiums might have more par than either the 15000 k xm or 14000 k phoenix lamps I was considering.
What lamp would you go with?

bizzmoneyb

i believe with halide bulbs the higher the K the more blue the light is.
i think alot of people here really like and recommend the phoenix 14k. i think this is the one im going with to replace the bulbs in the unit I just bought from a buddy.

gatorwpb

I have 2x150w Sunpod on my 65g.
I had been using Aqualine AB 10ks and they have a more white/blue look than typical 10k bulbs. They also have amazing par.
But I switched back in July to Phoenix because I wanted a bit more color to my SPS. The growth is still really good but the color is amazing. The only other bulb I would have chosen was the Radium. If you are OK with the blue look, the phoenix are perfect. but you cant go wrong with the radium either. If you like a more white look and are concerned about PAR, Id highly recommend the Aqualine ABs.

spanko

I am using the 20k Radium and have good growth and color in the coral. I have a 36 watt PC actinic bulb also to get some of the fluorescence from the coral.