MH to T-5

the_bandit

Right now I have a 250W MH Pendent with a 14k bulb running over my 40BR. The head is ridiculous and I lose alot of water. This hasnt been that bad of an issue. I am looking at a 6 bulb t-5 36'' Fixture. I have SPS on a frag rack on the top 1/3 of my tank and LPS/Zoo's/Softies everywhere else. If I end up switching to the T-5 Unit, how much will my coral suffer?

yearofthenick

I just bought myself a current nova extreme and it came in the mail today. Everything seems to be really solid, but the bulbs SUCK. I can guarantee you won't be happy with the stock bulbs, just FYI.

btldreef

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/3278059
I just bought myself a current nova extreme and it came in the mail today. Everything seems to be really solid, but the bulbs SUCK. I can guarantee you won't be happy with the stock bulbs, just FYI.
+1 Currents bulbs are terrible, replace immediately.
The fixture will work just fine, I actually used to have this same fixture over a 40G. I even used two of them on my 155G until I upgraded to halides.

nycbob

if u r going with the nova pro ($315), why not go with a tek elite 6x39w with choice of bulbs from reefgeek.com for a total of $400? i had the nova pro b4, but hv since upgraded to ati sunpower. ati fixtures are one of the best t5 unit out there but needs to be hung. tek elite isnt bad either and it only came out 2 months ago.