Michigan role call...

cain420

im just startin out, bout to have my tank start the cycle with some shrimp, but i may have messed up when i didnt cure my live rock from moby ----'s in waterford.. how worried do u think i should be??

crimzy

Originally Posted by cain420
Wixom, oakland co.. right by 12 oaks mall, novi
I'm in novi :scared:

crimzy

sweet! what kinda setup u got? where u shop at for the tank?
I have a couple tanks...
220 shark tank
35 reef
5 dwarf seahorses
I am in the planning stages of a 600g lagoon in my basement.
I have about 5 or 6 lfs that I like. I have to admit, I'm not familiar with the one you mentioned in waterford... could you post the name.
Here are the lfs' I like...
The Fish Tank in Westland
Pet Connection in Livonia
Atlantis in Clawson
Aquatic Discoveries in Sterling Heights
Oceans and Seas in Roseville
The Fish Guy in West Bloomfield
Choice Aquariums in Farmington Hills
Actually the ***** in Novi is not bad either.

cain420

the one i mentioned in waterford is called moby d i c k s... it wont let me say it but i hope that comes out.. just like the book moby ----

crimzy

the one i mentioned in waterford is called moby d i c k s... it wont let me say it but i hope that comes out.. just like the book moby ----
Is it good there? Where is it?

cain420

they have alot of stock.. cant really mention what all they got - im still a noob, so didnt pay too much attention to the fish yet... some stuff is a little pricey.. i got my lr for $5/lb. and dummy me, i didnt bathe it or nothin, just threw it in my new tank that needs to cycle.. how worried should i be about that? theres lots of critters.

crimzy

they have alot of stock.. cant really mention what all they got - im still a noob, so didnt pay too much attention to the fish yet... some stuff is a little pricey.. i got my lr for $5/lb. and dummy me, i didnt bathe it or nothin, just threw it in my new tank that needs to cycle.. how worried should i be about that? theres lots of critters.
That's exactly what you should do. And that's a great price for liverock. Where is it?

cain420

so i shouldnt be too worried about any of the bad guys gettin in there? the hh id threads have me paranoid lol

crimzy

so i shouldnt be too worried about any of the bad guys gettin in there? the hh id threads have me paranoid lol
Many hitchikers are beneficial to the tank. Besides, when you go through your cycle, you'll lose a lot of the critters anyway.

cain420

its probably better.. some of the rock, i got from *****, had tons of coralline algae all over it. though it was $8/lb i only got like 6lbs of that.. i hope it speads thru the whole tank..ill take the rocks outta the bath in the mornin.. i only got like 15lbs bathing.

cain420

whatever it is, it has a long white stripe down its back! and orange bands,, dont look good to me lol

tscuda

I been to Mobys a few times. they seem to know what they're talking about. I bought some live rock ruble there and got many mini white brittle stars.