Micro bubbles, I have tried everything!

jrlandsman

Okay I have a 90 gallon in wall with a 55 gallon sump. Water gets split 25% to fuge 75% to the rest of the sump. Both of the drain outlets have filter socks on them. How am I still getting microbubbles? I only have a few but I want them gone I have seen tanks where there are no bubbles in the water at all. Anyone got an ideas? Let me know. Thanks!!!

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by jrlandsman
http:///forum/post/2989145
Okay I have a 90 gallon in wall with a 55 gallon sump. Water gets split 25% to fuge 75% to the rest of the sump. Both of the drain outlets have filter socks on them. How am I still getting microbubbles? I only have a few but I want them gone I have seen tanks where there are no bubbles in the water at all. Anyone got an ideas? Let me know. Thanks!!!
Do you have any pic of your set up?That may help .

I am no expert on sumps but a friend of mine actually had a pin hole in the return hose going back to the tank which caused a huge headache and lots of bubbles.

pbnj

Filter socks on the drains don't help much if the bubbles are also being created by a protein skimmer in the sump. Are you using one and if yes, anything attached to it to eliminate bubbles?

jrlandsman

Yes I have a protein skimmer. It is in the sump. It is a reef octopus 110. Maybe I could turn that off for a while and see if they go away?