Micro bubbles

bearfan-28

I continue to have micro bubbles in my display tank. My LFS suggested that I get a foam block to put before the return chamber in my sump/fuge. My questions is, does it matter what type of fowm block, and is it possible to get rid of them without a foam block. I have finally started to put some corals in my tank, and am getting frusted with all the bubbles. Any suggestions would be welcome.

larrynews

i have the same problem but mine is caused by the protein skimmer with is in the same sump with my return pump

fishking

here is wut i did to counter the micro bubbles from my skimmer, i put the outlet hose so that the water would go to the first chamber and would have to pass throught the filter pads

bearfan-28

I do not have them set upso the hose idea is out. I built my sum/fuge myself. I am currently using filter pad, but it only seems to work well for a couple of days. Anyone else have any ideas to get this to quit. If I get a foam block, does it have to be a certain type or wil any foam block do?

nm reef

Is there any way you can determine the source of the bubbles...and eliminate them at the source? Some times a simple equipment adjustment can eliminate the problem...or it is possible that a line is sucking air somewhere along the way....a foam block before the return chamber can help...but removal of the source would be a better solution.

legion

How big is your sump? if your flow is to high through a small sump it will not have time to allow the bubbles to diffuse out of the water.

larrynews

ok i tried it and it helped a little but i think the bubbles are coming from the skimmer pump is that possible...from the air