micro bubbles

j-spot

I have a closed loop running with a mag7 on it causing alot of bubbles. Could it be from using 1 inch on in and out causing cavitation? I also have 3 90 elbows on the intake side and 1 on return. Any help here would be appreciated.

crzyfshygy

I have had that problem and it drove me nuts. I stripped my tank 3x trying to find out where they were comming from.
1) use process of elimination. Turn of the skimmer and see if they stop. Turn off the closed loop pump. Turn off filter pump and then go to power heads. See which outtake is causing it.
2) Check all fittings. You might have one that is cracked and causing air.
3) Clean pump sponges if you have one on the mag-7
4) Use live rock as baffels in your sump.
Hope that helps

j-spot

Checked everything and I know it's the closed loop. I am not using any spnge on the intake for the mag7. I am running two 90's to get up and over tank, then one more leading to pump, all 1 inch pvc. Then a reducer to go to the mag7 which is 1/2 inch. Then coming out I go back to 1 inch from the 1/2. I have checked all the glued sections and covered in silicone, so I don't think there is any air being sucked in. I have read alot about cavitation and was wondering if there was a way to check to see if that is whats causing the problem. I have checked all the glued sections and covered in silicone, so I don't think there is any air being sucked in.

j-spot

Forgot to mention the 90's going to the pump are all glued one after the other. Maybe I need a long section after the first 2 to get the pump lower from the top of the tank? The intake is atleast 4 inches below the water line, but actually lower than the pump pulling the water.