micro bubbles

cwgibson

my lfs guy set up my fuge, it has 3 chambes: the center is the fuge; the right has flow coming from my uv and my skimmer that is all, and the left has my skimmer,return pump and drain. im getting a lot of bubbles in my main tank coming from the drain/return. how could i fix this? he told me that 1800gph was too much to go across the fuge, which is why he put the 3 in one chamber. tank is 210 gallon with 40 gallon breeder for fuge.i thought maybe get a piece of plexi and make the return in a space by itself hoping it would diffuse the bubbles before they hit the pump. :notsure: or i could rig a drip tray of some kind :notsure: any ideas will help.

squidd

Sounds like now you have the drain coming into the same chamber as the return pump...1800 gph going right back to tank...except for the little bit of water the skimmer moves over to the far side of the fuge...??
Suggest you move skimmer and overflow drain to one side...and return pump to other side and deal with the flow thru fuge...

cwgibson

thats what i thought,but he said that would be too much for my fuge. to me the water is not getting filtered; its just coming down and going right back up (most of it)

squidd

Yep and the only water the fuge sees has already been skimmed and UV'd....
Sounds all bass ackward....

cwgibson

correct me if im wrong but the whole purpose of setting up a fuge is for water to flow through and be "filtered". does 1800gph sound like too much to cross the fuge to anyone?

sign guy

no its not too much flow for chato, and the guy you have setting up your tank has been doing it a long time but is ONLY after your money.

sign guy

you could put every mod from this site in the same room with them and they would swear on the bible that they know more
hmmm who was it that sold me my first tank and first fish in the same day?

sign guy

I mailed them a thank you card and the recept from AP when I bought5 my new tank agin when my bro in law bought his 125 and a third time when my boss got his nano

sign guy

I bought 2 damsel from them went straight home and they died in the bag before I got home, Se had closed the store and did not open for two day's
so she told me that they only had a 24 hr garinenty. Btw they dont repalce fish any more that sign beside the door that states that if you feel they are ignoring you its because they think you are wasting there time, yea it says it on there

sign guy

do what I do
do my research here
buy at nick's (AP)
and tell EVERYONE about them, I almost left the hobby before I meet nick

cwgibson

here is my plan: chamber 1: drain,skimmer-flows over a baffle into my fuge (chamber 2)-flows from fuge over a baffle under a baffle and over another baffle with a filter pad in between all that. then into chamber 3 with my return pump. i hope this will fix my problem. thanks for the help.

sign guy

Originally Posted by cwgibson
here is my plan: chamber 1: drain,skimmer-flows over a baffle into my fuge (chamber 2)-flows from fuge over a baffle under a baffle and over another baffle with a filter pad in between all that. then into chamber 3 with my return pump. i hope this will fix my problem. thanks for the help.
IMO evan if your water is clear this plan will work better in the long run. you will be filtering more of the woter, fyi my 46bow has a 20gal fuge with a mag 9 and two powerheads flowing through it

cwgibson

sign i look back and think how much cash i would have saved if i had found this site and not listened to what they told me.

sign guy

I try not to think about it. I spent 5000 on my tank before I found this site

did you switch your sump around?