Micro Burst in my neck of the woods

oregonbud

Wow - those are some pretty impressive pics - those storms that blow through the valley there can be pretty cool (I moved to Oregon from Tempe - McClintock and Guadalupe area to be exact) so not far from Gilbert at all.
Thanks for the pics :)

perryfish

this storm lasted 13 minutes. I couldn't belive it. It killed 2 horses. One on either side of us. You know the typical monsoon storm. Hot days but awesome desert nights. Tempe to Oregon thats a big move. I love it here. Probaly gonna spend my whole life here.

oregonbud

Originally posted by perryfish
Tempe to Oregon thats a big move. I love it here. Probaly gonna spend my whole life here.

Actually it was Oregon to Texas to Missississippi to Washington State then Arizona and finally back to Oregon :)
I couldn't handle the heat down there - the winter was great but after the first week of 110+ heat I started making plans to get out of there, then the Monsoons came and the plan became a necessity. Although I do have to say that some of my best times and memories are from when I lived down there, the valley is a fun place to live :)

perryfish

This summer was hard. We had the hottest July in AZ History. It was over 100 degrees for 97 days straight. I think that was the record this summer. So ya the summers can be hard, but the winters are great. You start out at about 40 degrees then by early evening it is about 63-70 degrees. You cant beat it. As long as you drink plenty of water and dont push yourself to hard in the summer you'll be fine.
I think that if you survive the summer here then you deserve the awesome winter we have. Here you can swim until almost Haloween. Then get back in the pool in April.

mishka

I grew up in Bullhead, and I don't miss the heat. My dad was in Search and Rescue for years, and every monsoon season we would have a housefull of rescuees. It doesn't take long to get a wash flowing full steam.

perryfish

Here lately it has been very difficult to get any wash moving. We have had no rain. We have finally gotten some this year. As you can tell from the above pics. That was more wind than anything. Hopefully it will go back to when it rains all the washes and lakes are full again. About a month ago we went and tubed the salt river. The river flow ws only 1/2 of normal flow. To float 4 miles it took us 6 and 1/2 hours. Normally to float all 7 miles it took that amount of time. This drought has sucked.